1: My refuge is found in the cool of my abode, the stones block midday sun like faithful Seraphim. 2: I lay feverish, alone with my thoughts and ruminations. My great plots crowd around me, whispering. 3: Do I surrender to them as a beaten army surrenders to the mighty? Do I bow my head as a servant girl? Nay. 3: I draw them to me, near to my breast that we might be one. 4: I hear their whisperings and lo, I do whisper back and upon each other we build such fantasies as to rival the greatest events of history. 5: My imaginings do tower so high, my wishes surpassing the spectrum of pure words as they take wing from my heart. 6: Where once I found these visions tiring and deceitful to my mind I now find peace in their presence, touched by each with a gesture of blessing and warmth. 7: My eyes rest awhile as I drift off in the embrace of Hope.
Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment