Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Book of Digressions; Chapter One

1: And Lo, the meeting did drag on and the Lord Grout did become unhappy saying; 2: Wherefore hast this company mired me in red tape like unto an bull wallowing to the belly in a mud pit. 3: I raise my voice to bellow my discontent and the taskmasters do rush to silence my bleating with their falsehoods. 4: But behold, I am the Lord Grout and none can silence my bleatings. 5: I complain as unto the sea; constant and vast under the pull of the moon. My words crash like thunder on the shores then dissipate to foam with the passing of seconds. 6: Though I desire to inflict my wrath on the tedium of this meeting and those that do make pains to continue their dreary pontifications, I am a compassionate Grout and do understand that their masters dictate this tedium and the thralls know not their misdeeds. 7: But unto the masters I shall wreck such plagues as even the civilizations of old have not seen. 8: And the Lord Grout did cackle unto herself whilst she did imagine the suffering she would visit on the enemies of Reason all the while pretending sincere interest in the proceedings of the council. 9: Until she was unable to pretend longer and her eyes glazed over in spectacular boredom, alerting the company to her lack of give-a-fuck.

Amen

No comments: